Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Very Very good Piece of a day

Unfortunately, it was not good weather today, actually rainy. However, I had a good experience to make a berry pie. It was very fun!

First, my host mom, L who lives together, and I went to pick blackberries in the morning. It was a lot of fun, even though we got thorns on the branches of blackberry's trees, ouch. Meanwhile, host mom and I suddenly tried to freeze in order to surprise L. But, I think we didn't do well. Anyway, maybe I have never been to pick blackberries. I think in Japan a blackberry is less popular than a blueberry and a strawberry. So, I really enjoyed picking them.

After the picking, we made a berry pie at home. Making a pie is also the first experience for me, so I was a little nervous. But, it was no problem to cook the pie because my host mom helped me a lot.  The process of cooking referred allrecipes.com. But, making crusts referred another recipe. However, unfortunately, this is a secret between host mom and me..
The result was that it smells good and looks good. And... also tastes good! You want to eat this one! I'm sorry we don't have enough to give it to somebody.
Nest time, I will try to make a tart! So, could you wait by the time?

Thanks, J and L!!


No comments:

Post a Comment