Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Scandal Capriccio

I have no idea about political things. However, I want to introduce one article of analysing Japanese politics. This article, by Newsweek: Scandalmania, was really interesting for me, I think it was the best I have recently read.

Unfortunately, the article was written in Japanese, so I am going to summarize it. It divided into four parts. First part was explained about a difference of political scandal between Japan and the other developing countries, and was depicted Japanese history of scandal in the political world. Next and thirdly, a idea introduced to explain about why our politicians are losing the job due to happen only one scandal. Finally, the author picked an example to reinforce his opinion. It was the case of Suzuki Muneo, who lost the status as a politician due to politics-and-money scandal.

Most interesting part for me was the explanation why scandals are directly connected with dismissing the politicians who caused the scandals. The author picked two reasons for that. First, we, Japanese people, are less likely to look at a good result than a scandal. Second, we expect that the politicians are clean which means no sextual, no money, and no violate scandals. Of course, clean persons are wonderful, but, unfortunately, we have some problems as usual, not excepting the politicians. Recently our country keeps to discussing scandals by the politicians, even though we have a lot of problem, such as the exchange rates, the territorial disputes, pention problems and so on. I agree with his idea that we should see the performance and ignore a smaller problem. And, we should focus on more important problems.

I hope this piece of music will end quickly. This is because I am tedious to listen to the news. Next music would be a great concerto, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment