Saturday, December 18, 2010

Marathon Race

I completed the Honolulu marathon with six hours and five minutes last Sunday. It was good weather to run a marathon, which means moderate warm not too hot but not too cold. The start time was 5AM. Actually, I was sleepy. Anyway, This marathon was the first time for me to run a marathon and complete 42.195km (although I did not keep running throughout the race...). I felt like 26.2mile was too long. In fact, during the race I did want to give up from time to time.

So, how was I motivated? According to last my blog, hot joggers was supposed to make me enhance my motivation to run the race. However, unfortunately, this did not work well for me because during the race, especially in the second half, I was too exhausted not to be able to afford to look for hot joggers. Rather, my eyes stayed on looking at the road, of course though it was boring. I could not look up! Instead, I was encouraged by the runners who were the same situation as me which is too tired. When seeing them, my feeling was that I did not want to lose them because they were from younger than me to older such as they looked like 80 or something years old. They were amazing for me because they were much faster and tougher than me who is 24 years old. At that point, I realized that I should train for the race a lot, but it's too late to regret because I don't like something to lose.

Eventually, I completed the race as a result of maintaining my motivation to run. After the marathon, I wanted to appreciate everybody who participated in it including the volunteers. This accomplishment was by not only my effort, but by others' support such as cheering me up at the roads, distributing water on the aid stations, and running with me regardless of intentionality. Thanks everybody!

But, I would never try to run a marathon. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment