Monday, December 6, 2010

How to Motivate

Yesterday I was jogging around my house. I am supposed to run in Honolulu in this weekend. Is it possible for me to complete the race? I am not sure. Rather, It seems to be impossible. Anyway, I will challenge it!

Suppose we need a training and study to accomplish something. How do we keep doing it? An answer is motivation. There is a means to get motivation: identification.

Article: The Seattle Times

The term identification describes a response to social influence brought about by an individual's desire to be like the influencer, according to The Social Animal.

In this comic strip,  a guy wearing glasses tells his dog "I think I'm pushing myself too hard." And then, he explains that the motivation for him to run too hard is " I was watching some hot girl jogger and ran into a building." This is obviously an example of identification because his jogging results from an influence to watch or hopefully get along with girl joggers.

To run the whole distance (42.195km), I may need to find a hot girl jogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment